Retina of the eye: treatment should be timely
The retina of the eye is a very thin layer betweenvitreous body and choroid of the eyeball. How much this thin tissue, penetrated by the vessels feeding it, determines. It is from her correct work that she determines how and what we see, because she is responsible for processing the images received through the pupil. Violation of the integrity of this layer can lead to loss of vision. Any injury can damage such a delicate structure as the retina of the eye. Treatment should be started immediately, as soon as you notice a deterioration in vision.
The quality of vision depends on the blood supplyretina. The vessels feeding it can be narrowed. The retina of the eye, whose treatment in this case depends on the causes of these changes, begins to lack blood supply and, as a result, becomes less elastic. What can lead to its rupture.
In addition to constriction, the retinal vessels can become enlarged and wriggle, clogged and lead to the swelling of the eye. Retinal diseases are possible for various reasons. They can be provoked by:
- trauma, brain and eyeball damage;
- hereditary diseases of the retina;
- eye diseases: hyperopia / myopia, inflammatory diseases of the eye;
- diseases that provoke negative changes in the tissues of the eyeball: diabetes, meningitis, hypertension, kidney disease and infectious diseases;
- age changes after 50 years.
The most common diseases of the retina
- Detachment and rupture of the retina.Disease, characteristic of people with moderate to high degree of myopia. Weakened vision promotes retinal dystrophy and under adverse conditions (trauma, infection) leads to its detachment.
- Complications of diabetes.Diabetic retinopathy is the most severe eye damage in the late stage of diabetes. Vascular and retina of the eye are affected. Treatment of a common disease helps to keep the fall of vision.
- Age-related damage to the macula.In old age, macular degeneration is possible - the site of the greatest visual acuity. Proper nutrition and lifestyle will remove negative age changes. And this will help to eliminate this disease.
- Retinitis is a common inflammation of the retina. It usually happens as a complication after infectious diseases.
- Hypertensive retinopathy is the result of hypertensive disease, retinal tumor, retinal hemorrhage, etc.
Prevention of diseases of the retina
There is a certain risk group among people who have retinal diseases. The prerequisite for their development can be:
- transferred infectious diseases (influenza, etc.);
- hereditary diseases of the retina;
- negative age changes after 50 years;
- hypertonic disease.
It is extremely important for these people to treatattentively to the state of his vision, regularly (at least once a year) to be checked by an ophthalmologist. Problems with the retina begin gradually, especially if the exfoliation is in the lower half of the eyeball. A person starts complaining about the "shroud" before his eyes, at "flashes" and sparks that prevent him from seeing. This is how the rupture of the finest tissue manifests itself, which is the retina of the eye. Treatment should be taken immediately by contacting a doctor. A timely surgical operation or laser therapy can stop the retinal detachment and maintain vision. In less urgent cases, medication is helpful.
To preserve vision, you must carefullytreat your health. The general healthy background of the body's condition allows you to prevent the loss of vision and in time to notice its deterioration. Do not delay the visit to the ophthalmologist, if you have any problems. Even if it is only a temporary recession, the doctor will simply conduct prophylaxis of your eyes. And this is never superfluous.